Cheap Flights To Zurich (ZRH), Switzerland
A winter wonderland and the largest city of Switzerland, Zurich is a centre of economic life located in the heart of Europe. It is the capital of the Canton of Zurich in the northwest tip of Lake Zurich and a hub for railways, roads and air traffic. The city was founded by Romans and was called Turicum during 15 BC, German is the official language spoken in the city.
Zurich is referred as the “Cultural Capital” of the Switzerland, a cosmopolitan city combining a creative urban life with beautiful and glorious nature having multi faced appeal. The city buzz with vibrant activities day and night and is ranked among world’s top cities in terms of quality if life.
Get non stop direct flights to Zurich at low airfare via VaccationTravel.com, experience cleanliness and splendorous things in the city of Zurich.
Things to do in Zurich
Zurich is a spectacular city with wide range of things to see, extravagant shopping options, buzzing nightlife, glorious old town streets and mouthwatering dishes to try book a discounted flight to Zurich today and try these wide arrays of things and have a wholesome experience.
- Take a trip to the glorious mountains of the famous Swiss Alps.
- Visit the iconic churches Grossmünster which is a 12th century Romanesque-style Protestant church, Fraumünster which is built on the remains of a former abbey for aristocratic women and Peter which features Romanesque & Gothic architecture.
- Have a picturesque experience in Lake Zurich and enjoy the Mountain View or do swimming and boating on the lake.
- Do museum hopping and visit famous museums like Swiss National Museum, Rietberg Museum and Museum of Design, Zürich
- Embrace the beauty of nature visit parks and beautiful places like Old Botanical Garden, Zürichhorn, Greifensee, Limmatquai and Rieterpark.
Zurich is an ideal place to try out Swiss traditional delicacies, which consists of regional influences of French, German and Italian cuisines, usually the dishes are made of simple ingredients like potato and cheese. These are some of the Swiss delicacies you must try in your visit to Zurich:
- Cheese fondue
- Zurcher Geschnetzeltes- slices of veal cooked with mushrooms, cream, onions and wine, served with rösti, rice or noodles.
- Rösti- Potato dish that resembles hash brownies fried in a pan and flattened into a sort of a round cake.
- Raclette- Traditional Swiss dish with slices of cheese are placed on a raclette grill and the melting cheese is eaten with boiled potatoes.
- Hiltl Tartar- Okara, eggplant and spices, rich in taste which make you think as if you are eating meat
Zurich has a vibrant gay nightlife scene having the highest density of clubs in Europe. There are clubs, bars, live music venues and strip clubs which are present in the main nightlife areas of Niederdorf in the old town and the streets around Langstrasse and Zurich West. Check these places out on your vacation to Zurich and party all night and turn your night to day.
- Plaza Club and Bar
The best time to visit Zurich is during summer from June to August when the weather is pleasant and popular event like Montreux Jazz Festival happen in the city. Travelers go to this place during this time to enjoy the sunny days and cool breezy evenings. The city is at its peak time therefore the tourist traffic is high, book cheapest one way flight tickets to Zurich via VaccationTravel.com and enjoy the beautiful weather and the best time in Zurich.
Winter from December to February is an off season to visit the city but travelers who are winter sports enthusiasts visit the city to explore popular winter stopover and the time of city being alive during the Christmas time.
The months of March to May and September to November are another great time to visit Zurich when tourists don’t start kicking off the city. Find best airline deals on first class flight to Zurich via VaccationTravel.com and experience Zurich in a romantic weather.
Airports in Zurich
Europe’s leading, largest & busiest airport, Zurich Airport is known as Kloten Airport which is the hub of Swiss International Airlines. The airport is located 8 miles of north of the central Zurich and serves the largest city of Switzerland, Zurich. The airport has a quick and efficient shorter waits and transfer in between changing flights and provide more direct route flights to passengers. It has three airside piers, known as terminals A, B & E serving premium economy flights, business class flights and first class flights to both international and domestic destinations.
Zurich airport for smooth departing and transiting of passengers and to make passenger feel comfortable has services to put you at ease and help you feel relaxed inside the airport. It is attractive and ultra modern infrastructure with multiple shops & a mall which is duty free, lounges and restaurants available for passengers where you can shop, eat, chill and relax.
You can use WIFI for an hour which is free of cost and avail other services like ATM, currency exchange, showers, nursing rooms, playrooms, baggage service, animal services and many more. You can also get more information about the airport and its services using the mobile based airport app.
Multiple transportation facilities are available outside the airport for a hassle free journey of passengers which you can access and travel from the airport to your preferred destination or use these further to travel across the city. Public Transportation facility such Swiss Federal Railway, Special Buses, Bus and Tram, other transport facilities such as transfers and private transport & services like car hire, limousines and hotel shuttles are available which you can avail.
Get cheap business class flight tickets to Zurich via VaccationTravel.com and visit Zurich and have a wonderful experience in the wonderland city of Europe.
Hotels in Zurich
Zurich provides travelers with multiple options for accommodation such as 5 star hotels, motels, apartments and hostels that one can stay depending on one’s choice and their budget. These are some of the best places you can stay at in your vacation to Zurich:
- Ibis Zurich City West
- The Flag Zurich
- Swiss Star Wiedikon Apartment
- Olympia Hotel
- The Guest's House
Travelling Tips to Zurich
- Take pullovers, sweaters and jackets depending according to the weather you are visiting the city.
- Invest in Swiss Travel Pass which gives unlimited travel throughout the Swiss rail, bus and boat network, it also offers 50% discount on mountain railways and cable cars.
- The country has its own currency known as the Swiss Franc (CFH) although being surrounded by European countries because it is not a part of European Union. Take out only small amount of cash only for street buys, rest try to pay using your credit card so that you aren’t left with excess Swiss cash at the end of your vacation.
- Try to walk down to places and try using bus or rail, avoid using Taxis if you want to save some bucks.
- Don’t buy water from a supermarket or shop, as Zurich is the home to world’s cleanest and best tasting tap water. You can drink from any tap or from free flowing fountains. Feel free to drink and skip purchasing the water bottles.
- Do your trip planning in prior and find non stop direct flights to Zurich at low airfare and hotel deals.
Airlines Which Fly To Zurich
These are some of the carriers which fly to Zurich Airport:
- SWISS International Airlines
- Aer Lingus Airline
- Aeroflot Airline
- LOT Polish Airline
- Turkish Airline
Book your tickets now if you haven’t booked it yet to the Swiss Wonderland, find best airfare deals on last minute flight to Zurich via VaccationTravel.com, experience and explore the Swiss City, Zurich.