Cheap Flights to Netherlands (NL), Europe
One of the most well-known countries in the world, the Netherlands is geographically located in the North-Western part of Europe. It is bordered on the southern side with Belgium and on the eastern side with Germany. It also shares maritime borders with the United Kingdom via the Northern Sea.
Apart from its picturesque European natural beauty, Netherlands is today a country commanding a high soft power status among the community of nations. It is ranked as one of the most developed nations in the world with a high per capita income and tops the rankings in several indices like the quality of life, human development, and social equality. The country has a mixed market economy with universal access to healthcare and education.
Some of the branded Dutch companies which are major employment generators and having a worldwide presence include Philips, Unilever, Royal Dutch Shell, Maersk Sea liner, KPMG, Heineken, ING, Aegon.
If you wish to visit this stunningly beautiful country and win amazing discounts, then visit VaccationTravel.com for cheap flights to Netherlands.
Things to do in Netherland
- Tourist Attractions
- A visit to Keukenhof is mandatory since this is one of the largest flower gardens in the world. The park was built in the 19th century and covers an area of 32 acres. It is open from the months of March to May. There are around 30 million flowers in the park and visitors from all over the world come to behold the sights.
- Van Gogh Museum – The museum is dedicated to the great Dutch contemporary artist. It is located in Amsterdam and exhibits the drawing, paintings, and letters of Van Gogh. Around 2 million visitors flock to the park annually.
- Dam Square – The main square in the capital city where events gathering and meetings are held. It is a place for national celebration and commemoration including National Memorial Day. The Fun Fair is held more than once in this square.
- Vondelpark – Another place to enjoy the serene beautify of Amsterdam is this park. Built in 1865 the Vondelpark sees more than 10 million visitors every year. It has an open-air theatre, Restaurants and Café's, sports ground.
- Jordaan – An upscale market area in Amsterdam featuring shopping centers, eateries, and boutiques. There is a houseboat museum as well.
- Heineken Experience – This famous beer brand of Holland takes the visitor on an interactive tour of its manufacturing center including the tasting room.
You can easily book a discounted flight to Netherlands today from VaccationTravel.com and experience all of these amazing places in the country.
- Must try cuisines
The Dutch specialty food is famous across Europe. The Dutch new Heering is a fish preparation which is both staple and popular. The world famous Stroopwafel cookies can be purchased from every departmental store. The Kroket meat roll which is deep fried and covered in breadcrumbs in a tasty snack of the country. Other delicacies include Patat which is a sort of French fries version of Holland, Poffertjes dessert cakes, Bitternballan snacks consumed with beer, cheese specialty preparations.
The country which produces the most famous brand of beer has certainly much to offer in after-hours enjoyment. A good place for youngsters is the Bitterzoet with a genre played out every day. It is spread over 2 floors. The Patronat is another place for music lovers who can enjoy some evening rock and jazz music. The De Witte Bar is very popular among tourist for a day-long unwinding and for some frenzied dancing nothing like the Toffler.
The main festivals of Netherlands are the annual flower parade, the Madri Gras carnival celebrations in spring take place in different parts of the country, the Pinkpopp music festival is spread over 3 days and more than 60,000 people attend it. The Flag Day has musical performances near the harbor, while the annual summer Hague festival has everything from music to food, to exhibits to sports. The king's day is celebrated on the streets of Amsterdam with orange dresses.
The Schipol Airport in Amsterdam is the main airport catering to international travelers and is the third busiest airport in entire Europe. It has a single terminal and three departure halls. Almost all the major airlines have scheduled services to the airport. As of 2016, it was handling more than 60 million passengers.
In this airport, there is a rooftop viewing area called the Panoramaterras. The National Dutch Railway operator has an underground train service below the passenger terminal. This takes the passengers to all the 4 major cities of the country.
You can now travel via Schipol Airport too, by grabbing the best airline deals on first class flight to Netherlands on VaccationTravel.com.
Since the Netherlands has a constant flow of visitors and tourists, there are many hotel and comfort places to stay in the capital of Amsterdam as well as the other 3 major cities.
- Kimpton De Witt – It is in the heart of Amsterdam and near to the central station. This hotel has 274 rooms with a set within the three original Renaissance-era buildings. The add-on features include a flower shop and a Miss Louisia coffee and Beignets window.
- Hotel Estheria – This hotel in Amsterdam is situated within a row of historical 17th-century buildings near the canal. It gives great views. The services include a fitness center, bar, and lounge.
- The Toren – This hotel has won the Travellers choice award for the year 2018. The well-decorated interiors and the beautiful exterior of the canal give great comfort and scenic view to the guest.
- Sofitel Legend – A five-star luxury hotel with all comforts and amenities and French Elegance and Grandeur. There are 177 rooms.
Traveling Tips for Netherlands
The country has a maritime climate with warm summers, cool winters. The winters are from December to February and sometimes can start from November onwards. The temperatures can fall below zero sometimes. During the warm days which are between April to October, temperatures hover around little over 20 Degree Celsius.
July and August are the peak season for the visitors. However, the Tulip bulbs are the main attraction of Holland and you simply cannot miss the Tulip Festival. So ideally, planning a trip in April or May should be perfect.
To witness the vibrant fields of tulips in Europe, buy cheap flights to the Netherlands, from VaccationTravel.com.