Cheap Flights to Illinois (IL)
Illinois is located in the central western region of the US and is the 6th most populated state there. Illinois is the 25th largest place in regards to the land and is called the wool skin of US. Illinois is surrounded by Chicago in the northeast region.
As a result of this boundary, small industrial cities and abundant agricultural productivity prevail in Illinois. Natural resources such as coal, timber, and petroleum are found in the southern region.Illinois is a transport hub in the US. There are three major rivers which form the waterways boundaries of Illinois. They are the Mississippi River, the Ohio River, and the Wabash River. These rivers facilitate transport to a great extent making the state easily accessible and good for economic purposes as well.
The airport of Chicago named as O'Hare International Airport is one of the world's busiest airports.Illinois has always been a trendsetter for social and cultural terms and it has always been appreciated for the same as well.
If you are planning to take your family to visit the state of Illinois, also called the Land of Lincoln, the Prairie State then just VacationTravel.com to grab cheap flights to Illinois at the earliest.
Things to do in Illinois
- Tourist Attractions
- Willis Tower Skydeck - From the top of the iconic Willis Tower Skydeck, you can see up to a great extent which covers ample areas of the four states and Lake Michigan. It stands at 1,353 feet above the ground on the 103rd floor and is extremely beautiful which gives you an opportunity to look straight down.
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum - The museum is located in Springfield which offers great scope for learning, about Abraham Lincoln and about the history of the state of Illinois. The museum is basically a research facility having many significant manuscripts and other materials but all of the collection is not for the public to view.
- Navy Pier - The Navy Pier is a great tourist destination located along Chicago’s waterfront consisting of all kinds of things to entertain people of any age.
- Lincoln Park - It is the city's biggest park and is one of the oldest zoos in the country. It is home to a wide variety of mammals, birds, amphibians, and reptiles including lemurs, two-toed sloths, African lions, polar bears, and a red panda.
- Must try Cuisines
People in Illinois have a great love for food. Street food and junk are their true favorites. Food items like Italian Beef Sandwiches, Ranch dressing, Horseshoes, Corn, Deep dish pizza, Gyros, Popcorn, Wesley Fryer and Hotdog are the most noteworthy ones. The inhabitants prefer meat, loads of vegetables and juicy items to satisfy their food desires. A Greek meat sandwich, popularly known as Gyros is everyone’s favorite. It is served with cucumber yogurt sauce.
People in Illinois have the best places to eat, drink and party after dark. They dance until dawn and enjoy their life to the fullest down here. You can visit the most famous nightclubs in Illinois like Stereo Nightclub, DISCO, Smart bar, Berlin, Studio Paris, the Drop lounge etc. The Underground is one favorite place of the people where they prefer drinking and dancing to their own minds. They dress up and enjoy the Dj nights. Bomb style alcohol, decors including glittery paint on the walls, theme parties, reserved seating arrangements,and special weekend attractions are mostly provided by these nightclubs. People from different age groups are seen very regularly here.
If you can hardly wait to explore the happening nightlife of this place, just head straight to VaccationTravel.com and book cheap flights to Illinois today.
The people at Illinois have a great time during cultural festivals during summer and fall months. The festivities are co-centric of food, music, heritage, concerts, and conferences. Chicago Air & Water Show, Lollapalooza, North Michigan Avenue Art Festival, Ravinia Festival, Chicago Jazz Festival,and Chicago International Film Festival are the most noteworthy festivals in here. People enjoy good food, music, fun fairs during such occasions. They also experience film shooting throughout the year where famous actors come and fit the floors of Illinois.
- ChicagoMidway International Airport is the major airport situated on the southwestern side of Chicago located at an approximate eight miles from the state. It carries a total of about 2 million passengers and there are approximately 2.5 lakhaircraft operating from this airport.
- O'Hare International Airport is situated at the north-western side of Chicago and is about fourteen miles from the state. It has an approximate number of 8 lakh aircraft operating. The O'Hare International Airport is very close to the people of Illinois.
VaccationTravel.com offers amazing deals on cheap business class flight tickets to Illinois, so grab yours and travel via any of these airports.
While traveling is very fun, the resting place also plays a major role. In this regard, there are good resting places which provide ample facilities and good ambiancefor visitors.
- Hilton East Peoria Riverfront Hotel – This property is located in the main city of Peoria and is very common among the residents. The hotel has good reviews and the accommodation is pretty appreciable. It’s a 4-star hotel with every modern amenities, like soft beds, housekeeping, spa, and parking, free Wi-Fi, swimming pool etc.
- Country Inn – This hotel is located at the main city of Bloomington. Visitors have always been very positive about the hotel facilities and thus it is recommendable by all. It’s a 3-star hotel with every modern amenities, like soft beds, housekeeping, parking, free Wi-Fi, swimming pool, pet-friendly etc.
Traveling Tips To Illinois
Though summer in Illinois can get pretty hot, it is still preferable to visit this state in Summer.Winters are very cold here with frequent snowfall. Spring and autumn are also a great time to visit this place.
You can visit various other museums, restaurants, shopping, movies. The Ferris wheel, the Chicago Children's Museum, the Chicago Shakespeare Theatre, and the Crystal Gardens to make the most of your trip.
To book a discounted flight to Illinois today, simply check out VaccationTravel.com and get a chance to win exciting deals and save more on your travel.