Located at the southern tip of the Vancouver islands, Victoria is the capital city of British Columbia. It is named after Queen Victoria of England and is also known as “The Garden City”. In addition to being a major tourist destination, it is also a renowned technological hub which adds to the revenue of the city.
Victoria is one of the oldest cities in western Canada and is known for its architecture. It displays a seamless amalgamation of the modern and the ancient in its architecture and culture.
Enjoy the best of the Canadian views in this beautiful city with VaccationTravel.com helps you to book your tickets on cheap flights to Victoria BC to soak in the culture, festivities and multi-cuisine palette of the city.
There are innumerable spots in Victoria that can amaze the explorers. When you are visiting this place, you must check out the following places:
- Craigdarroch Castle: A perfect Victorian architectural marvel of the 1800s, it has been named the National Historic site of Canada.
- The Royal British Columbia Museum was founded in 1886 and houses around 7 million objects related to various subjects, history, and The museum conducts traveling exhibitions within British Columbia and also in China.
- To experience some of the most ancient and important buildings in Victoria, do visit Chinatown. It is a great tourist spot in the city with a variety of cultural and entertainment venues.
- Then, the British Columbia Parliament Buildings are also a visual treat for the artistic eyes with their baroque style architecture and intricate murals.
- The Beacon Hill Park is a must visit too. It has a number of amenities like playgrounds, ponds, waterpark, sports fields, zoo, and beautifully landscaped gardens. It features the fourth largest totem poles in the world.
- Victoria Harbour Ferry is another attraction for all tourist taking a harbor tour around the Victoria waterfront. It gives a beautiful view of the city from the ferry and a wonderful experience at an affordable
- Must-try Cuisines
Victoria is typically famous for its seafood varieties and locally brewed beer. Tuna, shrimp, prawns, salmon, halibut, crabs along with deep fried sushi are some of the delectable variables. The pasta, pizzas, and risotto in and around Victoria are prepared with local spices and add-ons for distinguished flavor. With the varieties of tea and coffee available, you can try a new one each time. Tingle your taste buds at the best cafes and lounges serving excellent Belgian waffles, French toasts, tarts, mousse, and many other delicacies for the sweet-toothed.
The city offers hordes of options to the travelers who would love to let their hair down as the sun goes down. Whether its live performances or electronica, theme nights or comedy shows, old melodies or DJ fever, it is all available in different parts of the city. Choose from the best events in town to make it a memorable night out for you. To experience the vibrant nightlife of Victoria, book a discounted flight to Victoria today from Vaccationtravel.com.
Victoria, British Columbia is always abuzz with activity and you are sure to witness one of the big events or festivals whichever time you choose to visit the city. Some of the more famous ones are listed below. Plan your holiday around the same time and enjoy the festivities around them. Each one of them has a specific relevance and hold their own charm, starting from The Whiskey Festival, the Flower Shows in March and Wings over the Rockies in May to The Great Okanagan Beer Festival, The BC Shellfish & Seafood Festival, Atlin Arts and Music Festival, and Carnaval Del Sol and of course the Vancouver Island Blues Bash.
Airports in Victoria, British of Columbia
The Victoria International Airport is situated on the Saanich Peninsula at a distance of 22 km from the city. Passengers traveling to and from the city can all avail the various dining, shopping, and other services at the airport. It is well connected to the city with services from shuttle buses and taxis. Convenient parking lots are available for people traveling by cars from the city.
Hotels in Victoria, British of Columbia
All accommodations in the city of Victoria are largely defined by luxury and comfort. You can choose a historic hotel or a B&B or small budgeted lodges. Depending on the location, budget and amenities provided you can choose your home away from home while at Victoria. Make a note of the following before you book your tickets on cheap flights to Victoria BC:
- Oak Bay Beach Hotel: It is a luxury hotel alongside the Juan de Fuca Strait near the Oak Bay Village.
- Embassy Inn: Centrally located and adept with all facilities and amenities, it is a good blend of affordable luxury.
- Prestige Oceanfront Resort: A luxurious resort at a small distance from the city, this is an ideal place for destination weddings and people looking for some adventure. It houses a host of activities to keep its guests entertained.
- Marriott Victoria Inner Harbour: Located in the heart of the city, this hotel is ideal for people who visit the city either for business or on leisure.
- Comfort Inn & Suites: This place serves all under one roof with comfortable accommodations, conference rooms, sprawling banquets, a restaurant, and a pub.
Traveling Tips to Victoria, British of Columbia
- The ideal times to visit Victoria are between the months of March to May and September to November. The temperatures are mild and comfortable almost all throughout the year. Summers witness a lot of festivals and are therefore more preferable for tourist visits. Winters are also equally preferred due to the ski destination, Whistler which is very popular among sports
- The summers, as mentioned, are flooded with festivals and thus there is a huge influx of visitors which hikes the hotel prices. The months between October to December experience intermittent showers. So, if you plan to visit during this time of the year, do carry your umbrella.
- The early fall season is a good time to visit if you are looking for a budget-friendly The weather is cool and mild and the hotels are more affordable than they would be in peak season. To make it even more economical VaccationTravel.com brings to you the cheapest one-way flight tickets to Victoria BC.