Cheap Flights to Georgia (GA)
Georgia is located on the south-eastern part of the country. Among its neighboring states is Florida to the south, Tennessee to the north and Alabama to the west. It has a coastline with the Atlantic Ocean on the southeast. This is the 8th most populated among all the states of USA.
The capital of the state is in Atlanta, which is also sometimes referred to as Gone with the Wind city. Some of the other major cities in Georgia are Augusta, Athens, Columbus, Savannah, and Sandy Springs. Georgia has a fast-growing economy and many of the world’s famous Global Brands like Coca Cola, UPS, Honeywell, Delta Airlines, Total System Services, CNN, etc. are located in Atlanta. The 1996 Olympics was hosted by Atlanta.
Some of the nicknames of Georgia are Empire State of South and the Peach State. If you wish to explore and grab cheap flights to Georgia, make sure to visit VaccationTravel.com.
Things to do in Georgia
- Tourist attractions
- Georgia Aquarium – This is located in Atlanta. It is the world’s largest aquarium and houses a massive repository of animals and species in 10 million gallons of water. There are seven galleries which show the exhibits. Some of the rarely seen species include the Beluga Whale California Sea lions, Manta rays.
- Lookout Mountain – The Mountain is located in the northwest corner of the state. The attractions are the Ruby Falls near the Tennessee side, Rock city with long rock formations. At a certain point in Rock City, it is claimed that seven nearby states can be seen.
- Rock city garden – It is part of the Lookout Mountain and is functional since 1932. It is a popular tourist attraction which includes the man-made waterfall in the high falls of the Lookout Mountain, a long stretch of rock with attractive formations, gardens with labeled trees, rock caves with UV light sculptures.
- World of Coca- Cola - A 20-acre museum in Atlanta which depicts the growth of the most famous brand in the world. The galleries display the models and instruments used.
- Stone Mountain Park – It is a recreation park which has a golf course; children play area and a cable car ride into a man-made carved peak. The place also hosts what is known as the yellow daisy festival.
- Forsyth Park – Located in the city of Savannah, it has basketball, tennis, and soccer play areas, a fragrant garden specially designed for the blind, children play area and music concerts.
- Stone Mountain Rock – It is a rock formation wherein the tallest point is 1686 feet above sea level. It has rock relief cuttings which depict the Confederate leaders of the civil war era. A cable car takes to the summit point. This is one most visited tourist spots in Georgia.
- Atlanta Botanical Garden – A 30-acre botanical garden which has exhibits and canopy walks and the largest collection of orchids
- Must try cuisines
Peaches are put in virtually most of the dessert dishes, salads etc. Inman Park is a famous place which gives ice creams decorated with different peaches. The Pimento cheese is prepared and eaten in most of the restaurants and homes. Boiled peanuts are a regular snack. The Vidalia onions served at the Hil’s in Serenby with potato chips is special. The DAS barbeque in Atlanta prepares it truly a local and native style. Meat and Three restaurants like Macon's H & H are famous for the last several decades and so are the Chicken Dumplings of the state.
You can now book a discounted flight to Georgia today from VaccationTravel.com to relish its cuisines.
A happening and energetic state with a vibrant nightlife is typical of Georgia like most of the US states. There are bars, discotheques, pubs galore in Atlanta and all the other cities for a choosy after hour’s relaxation. The Havana club and the Tounge and Groove, Moondogs in Atlanta, The Growler in Warner Robins, and The Jinx in Savannah are some of the names in a very very long list!
Some of the crowd pullers events and festivals in the Peach state include the Rhythm and Ribs BBQ festival in March, The Atlanta Food and wine festive in May or June, the Shrimp and Grits festival which is held for 3 days in Jekyll Island, The Georgia apple festival in October which features, food, handicrafts and an antique show.
There are 8 airports in Georgia altogether serving the main cities for their incoming and outgoing air traffic. These include Augusta, Albany, Athens, Brunswick, Columbus, Macon, and Valdosta.
The main airport in the state is the Hartsfield-Jackson-Atlanta International Airport. It is spread over 4700 acres and has 5 runways. The airport handles about 100 million passengers annually making the world’s busiest airport. It is also the Hub for Delta Airlines. The main destinations are Florida, California and New York. It is connected to the main city through rapid transit system MARTA, the Interstate 85 and Rental cars.
The second busiest airport in the state is the Hilton Head International Airport. It has 2 runways.
VaccationTravel.com offers the best airline deals on a first-class flight to Georgia for you to save more on your travel expenses.
Hotels in Georgia
The capital of Atlanta is a global city and headquarters to top-notch corporates of the world. Consequently, it has a very high visitor inflow both for business and tourist purposes. The other major cities also are frequented often for social and family visits. There are several places to stay both budget and luxury like
- Homewood Suites by Hilton has the typical ambiance of every Hilton group hotel.
- The Marshall House in Savannah is another good place to stay.
- The Four seasons in Atlanta have lots to offer in comfort and services.
- The Atlanta Marriot Marquez and the Ritz Carlton are among the premier luxury places to stay.
Traveling tips to Georgia
The state has a humid subtropical climate which means extended summers with is hot and humid. Only the mountainous towns have a cold climate. Precipitation varies from average to very heavy. The northern part experiences stiff winters and sub-zero temperatures.
The months of March to May is the better time to travel to Atlanta since the weather is mild and a lot of outdoor centers of attraction can be visited and some of the main events are during this time.
So plan your holiday in advance to get amazingly cheap flights to Georgia, from VaccationTravel.com.